2018 National Order of the Arrow Concerence (NOAC)
The National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC) is Scouting's second largest national program event. In 2018, it will be held at Indiana University in Bloomington Indiana.
The reason for its growing popularity can be attributed to the fact that it is planned and carried out by Arrowman. Youth involvement ensures that the conference program will be exciting, relevant, and non-stop fun.
Participants will return home with:
- A deeper understanding of the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Order of the Arrow Obligation, and what it means to "live" these words in one's daily life.
- A renewed spirit, pride, and enthusiasm for Scouting and the Order of the Arrow.
- Ideas that can be used to better serve Scouting at the unit, district, and council levels.
- New programs, knowledge, and skills to improve chapter and lodge operations.
- Enhanced leadership skills and a better understanding of how to carry out the work of the lodge.
- New friendships with fellow Arrowmen from throughout the nation
- Memories to last a lifetime.
Dates, Contingent Travel, and Location
- Friday, July 27, 2018 - Saturday, August 4, 2018
- July 27: Travel to Lousiville, KY
- July 28: Visit Mammoth Cave National Park & Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site
- July 29: Church Services, Visit Churchill Downs, Louisville Slugger Factory/Museum, & Thomas Edison House
- July 30-Aug 3: NOAC at Indiana University
- Aug 4: Travel Home
- Availability and Cost
- Youth: $1,500/person. 17 youth slots have been alloted. Youth applications will be accepted first-come, first-served through online registration only (link below). $250 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration.
- Adults: $1,850/person. 5 adult slots have been alloted. Adult applications will be accepted first-come, first-served through online registration only (link below). Additionally, Adults who recruit youth to attend will be given preference over other adults. $250 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration
- The fee includes: round-trip airfare, ground transportation lodging, meals, entrance and conference fees
- Additional Information: The first round of online registrants will be sent to National on October 2, 2017. Ongoing registrations will be sent to National between October 3 - December 22, 2017. On January 2, 2018, National will re-allocate any open slots for us to use for extra youth or adults who have signed up. Extra slots will be allocated to lodges based on several factors, one of which is the time stamp of the request for registration.