NYLT Youth Staff Application
There are a limited number of staff positions available for NYLT courses that will be held in 2019. To apply for one of these positions, please follow the instructions below.
The NYLT youth staff is responsible for conducting the National Youth Leadership Training under the guidance of the Course Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters. NYLT staff members model appropriate leadership skills in everything they do, creating a rich learning environment for the Scouts they are serving and for themselves. Servant leadership is an important NYLT leadership attitude, and it is critical that the staff model focus on course participants and not on themselves. Great leaders seek to serve others.
NYLT Staff Application Process:
- Obtain approval from your Unit Leader (Scoutmaster) and parents to participate on NYLT staff.
- Complete the online NYLT Youth Staff Application. Application Deadline is December 31, 2017
- Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted directly by a Course Director.
- Candidates who are selected for a staff position be notified no later than January 15, 2019. To accept the position, the staff member must register for the offered course and pay their staff fee no later than February 1, 2019. Staff members who have not registered by this deadline will risk forfeiting their position.
NYLT Youth Staff Requirements:
1. Previously attended and completed an NYLT as a youth participant (or NAYLE Bridge course)
2. Currently registered and active in a Scouts BSA Troop, or Venturing Crew,
3. $75.00 Staff Fee - Due February 1, 2019.
4. Code of Conduct signed by applicant and parent.
5. Commitment to attend all staff development dates for selected course.
6. Agree to be properly outfitted in complete field uniform for course. (Official BSA shirt, pants, belt, socks)
7. Submit complete and current BSA Medical form to course director prior to course.
8. Commitment to actively participate in NYLT participant recruitment efforts by personally recruiting at least two participants.
For Questions regarding the application process, please contact Rob Newbould at TTCNYLT@gmail.com