Scout Camp Registration
To create a NEW registration:
- Go to trappertrails.org, click on “camps”,
- Click on desired camp. You will then see a list of all weeks. To register for a week, click on the “register” button to the right. If there is no “register now” button then the week is full, meaning all campsites are taken.
- Create a new account. Your Event or Facilities is: the name of your camp. Under “Account Type” choose “Unit” and specify “Troop”. Enter personal information. Create your own user ID and password. Verify new log in through your email as directed.
- Logins are created according to troop number not names. If you cannot log in, or get a message- your troop number already has a log in, contact the council camp desk to verify your log in, email@example.com. Go through the steps to register. You will be assigned one of the three campsite choices if possible. Be sure to pay the required deposit with a credit card in order to Save registration. If you need to make your reservation with a tender card or check, contact the camp desk to make that reservation. If unsure of your user ID, contact the council camp desk.
To EDIT your registration or make payments:
- Login to your account. The login button is at the top right of the Trapper Trails main page. It will ask for your User ID (it is usually-but not always- your full email address associated with the registration) If you do not know your User ID or password, contact the council camp desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-479-5460. If you are not the leader who made the original registration, contact the council's camp desk.
- Once you log in, you will see an “Events & Facilities” column to the left. Your registration will be highlighted under the camp name.
- Click on the actual registration to access that registration. You will see all information here.
- To change participant numbers or dining options, Click “Change Registration” Dining changes will be listed under “Options” Be sure to save and then go to “Check Out” and “Submit Your .Order” to finalize. Be sure your numbers are correct at least one week prior to camp.
- To make payment, click “Add Payment” enter amount paying. Then “Add Payment” again. Click on the “Cart” button at the top to enter CC number and “Submit Your Order” to finalize. You will receive a receipt to your email.
** If a payment is due or created because of changes, the payment must be made before any changes will be saved. Be sure to go through ALL steps at checkout.
** Half-payments are due April 30. Full payment is due one week before camp date.
** Be sure your numbers are adjusted correctly before you go to camp! You have up to 7 days before camp to make those last minute changes.
Merit Badge Sign-up:
Merit Badges go online on May 1, 8 a.m. You will not see the link until that day. You will be able to get on the merit badge link only after half the balance due is paid which is due before April 30. Prior to May 1 you will also need to have your boys names listed under the “Your Roster” button found at the registration Home page.
- Click on the “Your Roster” button. To add boys click on the +New Youth button to add boys name and information. Be sure to save (bottom) after each youth. Do the same for adults. Adults do not need to be named as long as your number count is accurate. This created roster can be used for any future registration requiring the name of a participant.
On May 1 or after, log in to your registration. Follow above procedure to access registration.
Go to the “Event Registration” Button. It is here you will now bring the boys from your roster over to your camp registration or any other registration you have created that needs their names.
You will not see the boys names from the roster until you click the +NEW Youth button. That button will bring up their names. Click on the first boy you want to register for merit badges. You will see they are a Youth. Then click “Create Registration” button at the bottom.
You will now see their profile and the tab “Merit Badge Classes” will be available. Click into that tab.
Follow the above instructions to edit and update your registration. The link to add merit badges will be next to where you add the names of the participants in the update section. Make sure your numbers are right, participants named and at least half payment is paid before May 1. The online system will lock you out 5 days before camp. At that point, any merit badge changes will have to be done at camp.
NOTE: If removing a name from the named attendees list, be sure to also adjust the participant number under the first link “How many people are attending”. Double check that the number is right at check out and the fees adjusted correctly.