Venturing Advisor Position-Specific Training
This course provides Venturing Crew Advisors with the basic information they need to help youth leaders manage a Crew. Topics covered include working with youth leadership and how to run an effective Crew.
- the nature of the Venturing program and its value to youth.
- the specifics of the Venturing program.
- the relationship between crew officers and Advisors.
- the challenges of working with youth and young adults.
- the Venturing recognition opportunities.
- the annual program planning process
Developed for Venturing Advisors, Associate Advisors, and Crew Committee Members, this training incorporates Venturing’s current adult leader training.
*Crew Advisors who complete Specific Training, Introduction to Outdoor Leader Specific Training (IOLS), and the Venturing Youth Protection training are considered “trained.”
Crew Committee Position-Specific Training
This course provides guidance to committee members on how to give the support needed by Crew Advisors and youth Venturers to deliver a high-quality program experience.
*Committee members who complete Crew Committee Challenge and Venturing Youth Protection Training are considered “trained.”